Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My baby boy is 5...where did the time go?

This birthday has been tough.

It's funny that a child's 5th birthday could be tougher than a vain mother's 30th ...and I think I can say with some amount of confidence this 5th birthday will be tougher than what that same vain mother's 40th will feel like. But - even though it wasn't an easy one to get through, it was a fantastic 5th birthday and I am thankful for everyday God has given me with my beautiful son.

He is smart. He is kind. He is happy.

And because he is happy, I know every prayer I have made over the last 12 months has been answered.

Happy Birthday Cade. I love you!
Your Mama




1 comment:

Paul said...

Happy Birthday, Cade! I need to take him out for a round of golf so he can teach me a few tricks. And Ash, I need to see Colfax getting a shout-out on the blog from time-to-time.